Sunday, August 15, 2021

Day 10 - Good Old Frankfurt

Today, I spent the day around Frankfurt's good old center.  With no motorcycle to get around on, I took the train.  I have always enjoyed taking trains in foreign countries. A good place to watch and learn.  

Frankfurt is very careful with the virus thing.  I have had to show my vaccination card a few times already and everywhere I go, even for a quick cappuccino, I have to fill out a contact tracing form.

Visited the Romer area, the Stadel museum of art, the banks of the Main river, took the hop-on-hop-off bus, and saw some people on the Main river riding electric boards, standing up, that when tilted the right way, they rose from the water on top of a fin below.  Very cool!.

Below is the story of today in pictures.

And, this is the official end of the trip.  A great adventure indeed.  Riding the Nurburgring, getting to spend a lot of time in The Netherlands, getting to visit Luxembourg for the first time, and getting to know the West side of Germany a bit more (the Eiffel Mountains, Koblenz, Bonn) made this adventure very unique. 

Tomorrow, back to Dallas early in the morning!

The Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof with lots of trains going everywhere

The station was very deserted from its usual pace

The outside facade of the Hauptbahnhof and one of Frankfurt's iconic tall and skinny buildings.
Apparently, the reason that Frankfurt's skyscrapers are tall and skinny is because, by law, every office/room has to get natural light.

The famous Frankfurter Romer plaza

The City Town Hall in the Romer

Trash everywhere around the Romer - apparently Saturdays in this area are pretty fun

The Frankfurt Ironman's end gate at the Romer
The clock shows 5 hours so far - 2-3 hours more to go to see the first people arrive

A view of the Main river with some Ironman competitors on the right.

The Stadel Museum

As always - a great collections of art

Even an Andy Warhol original - Goethe in Technicolor

The other side of the Main river also with Ironman runners

The train back to my hotel at the Frankfurt airport for the night - very empty


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Day 10 - Good Old Frankfurt

Today, I spent the day around Frankfurt's good old center.  With no motorcycle to get around on, I took the train.  I have always enjoye...